Updates and information are on county website: https://www.vbco.org/bobolinks.asp
Below is the same update information on the website with the newer September update “10”
*UPDATES – Bob-O-Link Estates Drain Petition, Temporary Pumping
- May 23, 2018 Board of Determination Meeting – Board Determined Petition Necessary.
- May 23-25: Worked on Temporary Easements for pumping across private property. Contacted pumping company for possible pump deployment. Unable to get pumping ordered due to holiday weekend and temporary easements not being secured.
- May 29 – June 1: Finalized temporary easements for pumping.
- May 31 & June 1: Secured delivery of Large pump, piping and road crossings for installation. Larger pump came from Chicago area. Improved and cleaned 25th Street roadside ditch to handle and convey pumping water to Cook Drain.
- May 31: Smaller pump deployed on 25th Street to help relieve flooding issues.
- June 1, 2018, 4:15 pm: Large pump from Bronson retention pond (overflow of Bob-O-Link Pond) to 25th Street, Cook Drain was activated. **Pump is moving over 2 million gallons a day**
- June 2: Bronson parking lot and Main Street area pumped down. Pump still bringing down Bronson retention pond that receives overflow waters from Bob-O-Link retention pond as of June 4, 2018.
- June 4, 2018: Installation of medium sized pump activated in Bob-O-Link Estate retention pond to Bronson pond – Large pump location.
- Planning, research, survey and collection of data for long-term solution – Branch of Bob-O-Link Estates Drain to Cook Drain in progress.
- September 2018:
- Finalized design plans
- Securing easements along route & course of drain. **Require to have all easements before “final order”, legally established county drain(branch).
- MDEQ permitting for out-letting into the Cook Drain(waters of the state)
- The bidding out of the drain project and construction cannot start until easements are obtained. The start of construction or portions of the construction could also be contingent upon MDEQ permitting.
- Depending on time frame of easement acquisition and MDEQ permitting, the estimated start of construction would be late fall early winter 2018.
- The pumps will remain in place until construction is started or completed.
(weather dependent: i.e., construction into freezing temperature)