Antwerp Township is putting together a Cookbook! We are gathering all our favorite recipes. Bring your ideas to one of our luncheons on Wednesdays at noon or call the office and let us know you want to be included. Thanks for your participation.
Who loves Scrabble? Antwerp Township Seniors are putting together a group to play on Mondays or Thursdays at 11 am. Give us a call at 668-2615 to let us know you’d like to play and on which day!
A stroke screening is coming to our neighborhood! Wednesday, November 11, 2015 Life Line Screening will be taking appointments for health screenings. Pre registration is required and you can receive a special $10 discount by calling 888-653-6450. You can also register for an appointment at www.lifelinescreening.com/community-partners. Appointments are limited, so register today!
Seniors are meeting every Wednesday at noon for luncheons in the Activity Center, join us for a great meal (donations welcomed, not required). Yarn crafters gather right after lunch and board/card games are available for social time after lunch. Visit our Senior Service Page for upcoming events, calendar, and lunch menu.
Questions about Senior Project Fresh? Contact Erin Watson at Universall Home HealthCare to obtain coupons for fresh fruits and vegetables and eligibility requirements. Phone is 269-872-3352.
We are looking for donations for more games. Time to clean out closets and bring in games (with all the pieces) for an afternoon of fun. We are looking for Monopoly, Chess, Backgammon, Cribbage, etc. Thanks for all the donations received so far! Donations can be brought on Wednesdays or anytime Antwerp Township Offices are open.
Project Quilting is starting Thursday, July 9. Each Thursday morning from 9 am – 11 am quilters will be gathering in the Activity Center. Bring your projects and have some fun!
Upcoming Trips: Call 269-668-2615 to reserve your spot!
October 6: Trip to Lansing for Capitol Tour and lunch with Senator Schuitmaker and Representative Nesbitt. Click October 2015 Lansing for details
Interested in SilverSneakers® Yoga or SilverSneakers Cardio? Call us and sign up for a class with Molly from FitZone. Classes will be in the Antwerp Township Activity Center. Free for Antwerp Township residents and $3/class for non-resident. SilverSneakers® Yoga starts Monday, May 4 at 9:30 am. Click here for more details.
- Have questions about County Road Projects? Contact the VBCRC at 269-674-8011 or visit them at https://www.facebook.com/VBCRC.
- The Van Buren County Road Commission will begin a four 10-hour day work schedule on Monday, May 4, 2015, and tentatively end that schedule on Saturday, September 26, 2015. The Road Commission’s daily work schedule is 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Thursday. The Road Commission will be closed on Fridays. If there is a road-related emergency situation outside these hours, such as a stop sign or a tree down, residents should contact the Van Buren County Central Dispatch at (269) 657-3101, or dial 911. Central Dispatch will contact the Road Commission’s Emergency Duty Superintendent. This is standard procedure for all after hour emergencies.
- Van Buren County Road Commission Service Request
- 2015-03 (Lift Frost Laws)
- ROAD COMMISSION TO PERFORM HERBICIDE VEGETATION CONTROL
- The Daltons, Inc., its main office at 936 Little Eagle Drive, Warsaw, IN, a licensed commercial applicator, has been contracted by the Van Buren County Road Commission to perform chemical (herbicide) vegetation control maintenance services along the right-of-way on various Primary Roads and Local Roads throughout Van Buren County. The control of brush along the roadsides is critical so as to maintain safe roadside vision. Locations to be sprayed during the month of September, pending weather, include bridge approaches and overpasses, guardrail sections, intersections, and other selected areas within the county road right-of-way, EXCLUDING platted or urban areas, orchards and grape vineyards and certified organic farms that have been registered on the Michigan Specialty Crop Site Registry (DriftWatch). The herbicide materials to be applied are DuPont “Escort” (active ingredient Metsulfuron) and Dow “Garlon 3A” (active ingredient Triclopyr). Additional information may be requested by contacting Lex Dalton at 888-267-7511. Property owners may contact the Van Buren County Road Commission to request that their property be omitted from the treatment. Call 269-674-8011, or email email@example.com.
Upcoming Meetings: (Click on date for agendas)
Planning Commission Meeting: Wednesday, September 2 at 7:00 pm
Township Board Meeting: Tuesday, September 8 at 7:00 pm
Zoning Board of Appeals: Thursday, August 27, 2015
Antwerp Township Seniors: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 1:30 pm
Election Commission: Tuesday, August 25 9:00 am